John Bradner was born in Bellvale in 1849 and at the age of 18 became a clerk there in a general store. By the early 1870s he set his sights on the brand new neighboring Village of Greenwood Lake that was beginning to take shape. Seeing this as an opportunity to get in on the ground floor, Bradner purchased a lot on the corner of Windermere Avenue and what would become Jersey Avenue. In 1875 he opened the doors to the Pioneer Market, which became an anchor of the Village. In 1876 Bradner became the first Greenwood Lake postmaster and his store the first post office. Bradner was a true entrepreneur, builder, landowner, and innovator in Greenwood Lake. For that we honor his contribution to our community and have named our largest guest suite after him. We celebrate the spirit of entrepreneurship and hope that our family will continue the torch of tourism in Greenwood Lake.